Welcome to our learning from home page!
Thank you for your patience as we navigate this new learning process together.
I want to encourage you to reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns as I am always here to help.
Online distance learning using Classlink resources: https://launchpad.classlink.com/paris
- Moby Max: Automatically tailors lessons to meet students' needs. Language, Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, Math and Fact Fluency are just a few of the tiles to choose from.
- Brain Pop Jr.: Watch videos from ALL subject areas, take quizzes and play games based on the video lesson.
- MyOn: Students may read books based on level and interest.
- Spelling City: Check out previous spelling/phonics lessons and corresponding word lists and games.
- Renaissance Place: Math Facts in a Flash times and tracks math fact progress.
- Tumblebooks: Students love watching books online this way!
- Starfall: Look for First Grade language arts and math skills. You can find lessons and games here.
Other online learning opportunities:
Distance Learning ideas that do not require internet:
- Journal writing
- Practice handwriting
- Write a letter or postcard and mail it.
- Reading: Independently or with someone
- Read a story and write a new ending to it.
- Make a "blank book" with your own paper and write a fairy tale, fable or interesting facts about a topic.
- Create a piece of art using any materials on hand
- Practice addition/subtraction facts using flashcards.
- Practice addition/subtraction facts using a timer and create a graph to track your progress.
- Go on a shape hunt for 2d and 3d shapes. Use those shapes to draw a picture.
- Play a board game or work a puzzle.
- Learn a new life skill with a grown-up such as how to sort and fold laundry.