To create and sustain a professional learning community that focuses upon high levels of student achievement.
To empower and inspire every learner to meet every benchmark of student achievement.
To provide comprehensive data-driven opportunities that maximize the potential of each learner.
Our Governing Values
4. Collaboration and Contribution
The Paris Special School District was established by a Private Act of the Tennessee General Assembly in 1919. The Paris Special School District original Act of 1919 created the district with the limits and boundaries of the district being identical with the First Civil District of Henry County. The name of Paris Special School District was also designated by the 1919 Private Act. From 1919 until 1959, the district provided instruction for grades one through eight. In 1959 by agreement with the Henry County Board of Education, grades seven and eight were transferred to Grove Junior High School. By agreement with the Henry County board of Education in 1995, the seventh grade students and in 1996, the eighth grades students were transferred back to the P.S.S.D. system to receive their education at W.O. Inman Middle School.
There are three schools that make up Paris Special School District: W. G. Rhea School, Paris Elementary School, and W. O. Inman Middle School.
W. G. Rhea School was opened in August 1968. The school was named for Dr. W. G. Rhea, Sr., a long time member of the P.S.S.D. Board of Education and a contributor to the building fund for the school. Four classrooms were added at the north end of the building in 1970. Four more classrooms were added in 1982 at the south end of the building. In 1985, the covered playground was enclosed to make a modern gym for physical education and other activities. In 1995 another large construction project began at Rhea which included the addition of 14 classrooms. W.G. Rhea School at this time houses kindergarten through second grades plus three voluntary pre-k classrooms.
W. O. Inman School, which opened in the fall of 1975, was build to replace Robert E. Lee School. The school was named for Mr. W. O. Inman who served as superintendent of the Paris Special School District from 1933 - 1965. In 1995 Inman Middle School began a large addition of eight classrooms, a gymnasium with a stage, a music department consisting of a chorus room and a band room. The sixth through eighth grades attend Inman Middle School.Paris Elementary School opened August 1999. The students in third through fifth grades attend Paris Elementary School. This facility, as a joint venture with the city of Paris, includes a performing arts center, a multipurpose gym with a suspended walking track, an indoor 25 foot swimming pool, a fitness center with exercise and weight rooms, and two community meeting rooms